Cherryvale Skateboard Company

Cherryvale Skateboard Company, founded by Valerie Phillips and Jason Gormley in Cherryvale, Kansas, April 12, 2006, is dedicated to the preservation of youthful idealism, naïve enthusiasms and unrealistic expectations.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY. SMILE.

Look. My bum left a smiley face on this seat in Mario's Cafe today. Not so surprising. It's one of my favourite places to be in the world. I've been going to Mario's since the mid 90's when I lived round the corner. But then I left the area and my visits dwindled. Now we've moved back to the NW5 hood, Mario's Cafe is back on the menu. You'll find it on Kelly Street, a little road full of multi-colored houses in Kentish Town, London. Just off the main drag. He usually has some art on the walls and today Mario asked if we'd like to put up some pictures from Cherryvale - the chance to combine two of our favourite places in one? Count us in! We'll keep you updated on this mini-retro-Cherry-show. Meanwhile, Valerie is at the printers today putting her latest book together. Due out sometime in March, it stars a girl named Viktoria and is called
'I CAN'T BELIEVE A GIRL IS PLAYING ME METALLICA'.
What a top day. Usually Valentine's day sucks, but this one is working out kinda nicely. Smiley faces all round.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Fabian said…

    Can't wait to buy this great book! I'm trying to hunt down all Valerie's book. Most of them are now very expensive... too bad i just discover her work, i would have bought them when they came out. Keep up the good work!
    Hugs

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger cherryvale skateboard company said…

    Thanks for the nice comments about my books. I'm sorry the older ones are out of print. I just finished priniting the new one yesterday. xVP

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Canterbury tales said…

    I've been trying to pick up a copy of "I want to be an astronaut" from used book dealers, but so far no luck.
    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this new book, it looks truly special. As long as it doesn't go OOP before I can get my hands on a copy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home